PFI Market Bag (Easy Sewing)
Happy Holidays! As our special gift, please enjoy this sweet little market tote from Portland Fashion Institute. Tested, tried and true from our lovely students at the Multnomah Athletic Club — who cut and sewed it in 3 hours flat. It’s perfect for a shopping tote, a handbag or as a gift.
Here’s what to do:
- You’ll need 5/8 yds each of three 45″-wide cotton fabrics, 1-1/2 yds of 1″-wide nylon webbing, thread plus your usual sewing tools.
- Download the instructions for preparing your pattern. Pattern prep
- Download the pattern: PFI Market Bag pattern
- The pattern is all rectangles. Don’t want to download and prep the pattern? Then cut fabric from this list of rectangles. Sewing tip: Use a rotary cutter and ruler on a self-healing mat.
Fabric 1. For outside big rectangle and top edge.
— Two pieces 2½” x 17” (top edge piece D)
— Two pieces 12½” x 11½”(outside big rectangle piece C)
Fabric 2. For sides and pockets.
— Two pieces 12½” x 4” (sides piece A)
— Four pieces 5” x 17” (pockets)
Fabric 3. For lining and front accent.
— Two pieces 12½ x 1½”(accent piece B)
— Two pieces 1½” x 17” (accent piece E)
— Two pieces 15” x 16” (lining)
4. Download the instructions for cutting and sewing your fabric. Sewing Instructions
Bonus: November 27-December 9. Bring this page to PFI and get 30% off your fabric for your PFI Market Bag!
Let us know if you have questions: email@example.com