J.J. Pizzuto’s Fabric Science Swatch Kit, 11th Edition reinforces the study of textiles for students in fashion design, merchandising, interior design, product development and home furnishings. The kit contains 114 (2″x 3″) fabric samples, a fabric key, 40 special assignments, heavy-weight sample sheets to mount and analyze fabrics, and a pick glass – all contained in a three-ring binder. The swatches are organized in the order in which they are covered in the text: fibers, yarns, weaves, knits, dyeing, printing and finishes. Swatches represent the types of fabrics currently available to fashion and interior designers in the field, making this resource an excellent addition to any professional library.
J.J. Pizzuto’s Fabric Science Textbook, 11th Edition With an increased emphasis on the global industry of textiles, this best-seller provides the most comprehensive and current introduction to textiles-from fibers through finished fabrics. The eleventh edition has been fully updated to reflect the current industry and applications to fashion, home goods, interior design, and related industries.
– Hardcover binder with loose-leaf, full color sheets allows user to customize their book
– Coverage of fiber characteristics, yarns, woven and knit fabrics, dyeing, printing, and various finishes
– Discussions on environmental concerns, care and renovation, fabric innovations, quality issues, and global laws that regulate textiles
– Attention to textiles for interiors and how to select fabric for the desired end use in apparel, interior furnishings and industrial products
– The vocabulary of textiles in chapter glossaries and a list of fiber names in seven languages