WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR WHEN WE LOOK AT YOUR APPLICATION:
Portland Fashion Institute, LLC welcomes applications from motivated individuals who seek to fulfill a commitment to personal excellence. Assessment is based on review of the application materials listed, reference and supplemental information from the tour and discussion. With your application, you’ll turn in an 800-word essay (200 per question) with answers to the following questions:
— What are your expectations, goals, hobbies, and special interests?
— What are your reasons for choosing PFI?
— What appeals to you about the certificate you are considering?
— What are your goals and aspirations upon graduation from PFI?
We will contact you by telephone within 1 business day to set a date for a tour and conversation. We will contact you in writing within 5 business days on the results of your application.
To be accepted, you’ll also need to send us:
- Official transcripts from your high school or most recent college/university attended, OR, GED, or recognized equivalency, OR, signed Home School Program Certification form and transcripts
- Proof that you will be 18 years of age prior to starting classes, e.g., a clear photocopy of your Driver’s License.
- A letter of recommendation from someone unrelated to you (e.g., teachers, counselors, or employers).
All applicants must possess the drive and commitment necessary to complete a rigorous program. They must be able to communicate well and work collaboratively with others in an artistic environment. Applicants must have at least a GPA of 2.0, know how to speak English and to use a computer. When reviewing you application, we look for:
- Evidence of previously demonstrated skills or aptitudes (e.g. creativity, manual dexterity, formal or informal involvement in fashion or sewing).
- Proven ability to work well with others.
- Proven ability to set and achieve goals.
- Proven communication skills, including comprehension of English.
- Evidence that your intent to attend PFI represents a researched choice that fits with your career and personal goals.
We look forward to meeting you!
Portland Fashion Institute, LLC prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees and applicants for employment on the
bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political
beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any
public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded